Marching Band Uniform Care Instructions
DO NOT DRY CLEAN - These uniforms are machine washable.
- Use non-chlorine household laundry detergent. You can also use non-chlorine stain removers. Do not use liquid fabric softener!
- Wash with cold water on gentle/permanent press/delicate cycle, and dry on cool/permanent press.
- Make sure to put the gauntlets together when washing so that the velcro does not snag on other parts of the uniform.
- Uniforms should always be allowed to dry out and stored on hangers.
- You may press the pants, especially the hem, but do not press over the snaps on the inside.
How to Mark Your Uniform Pieces
Please make sure that each part of your uniform is marked with your name, so that you are sure to have your pieces when at competitions and performances. Use blue painter's tape and mark each piece (jacket, pants, both gauntlets, shako (hat) and box, and shoes). This will minimize confusion before and after events!